Thursday, August 16, 2012

Plana Forma... I Love!


Heard about the latest craze in the metro? Plana FORMA!!!

Yes i enrolled in Muay Thai a few weeks back and now I'm trying Plana! ( Things you do when you wanna stay fit and healthy! Haha! ) 

So what is Plana FORMA? When i first heard about it I thought it was just like a modern yoga but it's actually more than that. Plana FORMA brings together yoga, pilates and dance!

I was actually thinking twice when my cousins invited me to try it. "I'm already doing Muay Thai so what's the point of learning Plana?" (yes, I sometimes talk to myself... LOL). But well, eventually I gave in!

First thing I asked my cousin was "What's the outfit in Plana"? LOL! I packed my leggings and workout shirts... non-slip socks ( Plana sells socks BTW!) coz shoes or any footwear is not allowed.. then off we went to the Plana Studio in The Fort. The studio's very cozy, It has a sala where you can sit to relax and read books or magazines while having coffee. It also has a Havainas stall where you can shop for Plana outfits. 2 rooms are available to facilitate Plana Classes and a shower room where your lockers are also located. By the way, Face towels are also free to use here!


Receiving area
















Plana Room





Planaforma also provides the equipments you will use for your workout:
  • Mats
  • Playground ball
  • Karate band
  • Weights (2 to 10 lbs)
  • Cushions
  • Stall Bar
  • Yoga Mats



Plana socks you can buy for 300 pesos



 
Our class was for Beginners but my cousins were already making fun of me telling me I won't last an hour! Well, they were wrong... Hahaha!! At first it was easy coz it's more of like warming up and stretching but as time progresses.. it gets harder and harder. It's also a challenge to execute the proper posture and alignment of movements. Forma class helps you target in toning  bicep, tricep, shoulders, chest and back muscles and then focuses on the thighs, seat and abdominal muscles . It complements all other physical activities you're engaged in (In my case, Muay Thai). Benefits: increased lung capacity and metabolic rate, improved body awareness and posture, increased bone density, stronger core and back muscles which reduces lower back pains, and better stress management. Each class is different so you will never get bored! Their featured class for this week is "Zumba Fitness" by the way.






If you want to be toned and sexy... Do Plana!! =P

Here are their rates from forma-asia.com as of 8/14/2012:
(Disclaimer: kindly check their website for the updated rates)



  • Single Class PhP 650.00
  • 5 Class Package: PhP 2,900  (PhP 580.00 / class)

  • 10 Class Package: PhP 5,300 (PhP 530.00/ class)
  • 20 Class Package: PhP 10,200 (PhP 510 / class)
  • New Comers Monthly Unlimited PhP 3,000.00
  • 1 Month Unlimited: PhP 5,300.00
  • 6 Month Unlimited: PhP 28,500.00
  • Annual Member: PhP 50,000.00
  • New Comer’s Special: 2 classes for PhP 650.00 (PhP 325.00 / class)
  • Private Class: PhP 2,000.00 / class

  • Single classes, 5 and 10 class series packages expire three (3) months from the date of purchase.

    20 class series packages expire six (6) months from the date of purchase.

    Monthly unlimited packages expire 31 days from date of activation.

    For health and safety reasons, all unlimited packages are limited to 3 classes per day.
    *Special promotional packages and workshops may have shorter expiration dates.
    Zumba Class:
    • Drop-In: PhP 400.00 / class
    • Zumba Toning: PhP 400.00 / class
    Arm and Ab Express:
    • Drop In: PhP 400.00 / class
    • Private Arm and Ab Class: PhP 1,000 / class

    Check their website:
    forma-asia.com












    2 comments: