Thursday, August 30, 2012

Tekken for Dummies... #GeekModeOn


Disclaimer: I'm not a Tekken God, I just love Tekken so much! So you can troll me all you want!! #GeekModeOn LOL



Actually, I wasn't really fond of playing Tekken before! Whenever I go to Timezone, I only play basketball, "rail-shooters" (e.g. House of the Dead, Time Crisis ) and racing games (Grand Prix, Daytona).. but never Tekken or Streetfighter. I just can't understand why moving around the joystick and pressing the buttons randomly makes the game enjoyable, not until several years later when I fully understood the concept of the game that I began to love it. 

Tekken's actually about strategy, timing and accuracy. 


5 Easy Steps to Play!!



First: Select your character


Meet my character: Zafina!



You have to know the profile of each character in Tekken to make it easier for you to choose your own characters. This is important because whoever character you choose, you will have to learn to love them. Can't get the picture? Imagine this, your character is like your significant other. You invest time, money and emotions on them. So you should really love your character, might as well choose one who looks really appealing to you right? LOL!


Second: Know your Character

You have to master the moves of your character. Know how to strike, block, parry, and juggle. You think it's easy? Maybe for some but believe it or not, it takes time to research about your character's move combinations. Some players even watch videos such as Tekken tournaments in youtube coz it helps them understand and visualize more about their character's movements.(I'm guilty with this! LOL)


I also used visuals BTW!! (thanks Jaycee.. haha)

Zafina Juggle




Third: Know your Opponent

Aside from mastering your character's movements, you have to also know the moves of your opponent so you'd know when and how to block or parry their offensive strikes. Believe me, even if you've mastered all the combos and juggles of your character, but you don't know how to block the strikes of your opponent... You'd definitely die before you actually hit them! At first i thought if a player knows how to juggle, he's already considered great... but I was wrong. Great players are determined based on their defense.





Fourth: Practice

Practice makes perfect! playing Tekken is a skill, that's why it requires constant practice to improve and achieve consistency. I actually played Tekken 6 in PSP to practice the juggles and then play hours in the arcade.



Fifth: Learn from the Experts


This is very very important! Stop playing with the WEAKLINGS! They will probably learn from you but you will never improve! You have to go out there and look for people who love the game. Watch them play and then challenge them. This will push you to excel more and make you a better gamer. 




So, Are you ready to play?





Better yet... Let's bet on it!! =P




GET READY FOR THE NEXT CHALLENGE!!!




If you think I missed out anything... Feel free to post your feedback! Like I said, I'm not a Tekken God!!


1 comment: